1. Post the rules
2. List 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the 11 asked questions
4. Ask 11 questions of the next players
I'm afraid you are going to find out how boring I am (for those of you who still don't know;), but here goes.
The 11 Random Things (about me):
1. I'm from East Tennessee and have a strong Appalachian accent
2. I am famous among my kids' friends for my good toast :)
3. I have a mind for trivia, especially about people I have never met
4. I am pretty good at Etch-a-Sketch
5. Even though I do it, I am afraid to drive over bridges
6. When I am alone in the car, I listen to the radio very loudly
7. I do not like to go to bed and I do not like to get up -- a dumb way to be, I know
8. I love trees
9. I love some bling, especially earrings and bracelets
10. I am happier on a sunny day than a cloudy day -- it's almost embarrassing how much my mood is affected by the weather
11. I paint my toenails but not my fingernails
Answers to the questions from Elizabeth:
1. If you were invited to make a piece of art, what medium would you use? Hmmm....perhaps I would use the Etch-a-Sketch (see number 4 above).
2. What clothes are you most comfortable in? Mostly I wear jeans, knit tops and sandals in the warmer months. Although I'm thinking about getting a maxi dress for this summer -- those look really comfortable.
3. If you had an unexpected afternoon to yourself and not a care in the world, how would you spend it? I'm normally not much of a shopper, but if I had no worries about time or money, I just might go shopping for some clothes. Or I might go get an icy drink and drive around out in the country just to see the sights.
4. Do you have things that you 'don't do', like my wheelie bins, and if so, what are they? Wheelie bins are not an American term but I'm guessing they are the garbage cans (right?). I don't do the car maintenance or outside house maintenance. I also do not like to deal with sales people, but my husband does, so he gets that job. Also, I don't mow the yard. With five males in this household, I feel I shouldn't have to;)
5. What do you panic most about losing? I don't want to lose any of my people, nor do I want any of us to lose our health, or our hope for the future. On a more trivial note, I can lose a piece of paper in about one second flat, so I ask my husband not to give me anything like that if at all possible.
6. What is your favorite quotation? This is not my favorite, but it is the first one that comes to mind: "Go ahead -- Make Mistakes -- Get Messy" from Mrs. Frizzle of The Magic Schoolbus. While it is not a very elegant quote, I refer to it quite often because I am easily lost in a sea of procrastination or fear of not knowing where to start, which can lead to doing nothing. Sometimes a bad plan can be better than no plan (or should I say an imperfect plan is better than waiting on a perfect plan that never comes).
7. What is your ideal holiday? I think I would pick summer family reunions because there is no pressure of gift-giving or the perfect meal and you are free just to enjoy being together and reminiscing with all your relatives that (if you are like me) you don't get to see very often.
8. If you wear lipstick, what shape is its end, once it's no longer new? It is slightly slanted up on one side. (Let me know when you find out what this means).
9. Do you have a habit you would like to drop or one you would like to adopt? I am trying to adopt better housekeeping habits (a la Flylady) and I REALLY need to adopt better paper organizing habits (see number 5).
10. What everyday article would you most miss if it were suddenly unavailable? I would have to say my eyeglasses or my contact lenses because I can't see very well without them. Also, I love cellphones. They are so handy when you are looking for your husband, your late-running teenager, when you need directions or your car broke down, or when you need to ask someone to pick something up at the store.
11. What is your favorite perfume? I wish I could give a more sophisticated answer, but I usually use scented lotions from BathandBodyWorks. My favorite of those is Warm Vanilla Sugar.
And since these questions are about me personally, I will even be brave and actually show my face so that you know who you're talking to.
Here are my 11 questions for YOU.
1. Do you have any pets, and if so what are they?
2. What is a happy activity for you?
3. What is the name of a good book you have read recently (I will let you define "recently")?
4. What food do you most hope they have in heaven?
5. Are you more people or task focused?
6. How many places have you lived?
7. If money were no problem, what country would you most like to visit?
8. How do you best learn (from watching, reading, listening, doing, etc.)?
9. How many siblings do/did you have and where do you fall in the order?
10. Do you have a memory you could share about a grandparent or other older relative?
11. What is a game that you enjoy playing? Or, do you not enjoy games at all?
And do go over and visit MrsThomasinaTittlemouse. She has a lovely blog and right now is also giving away a lovely spring apron here.