Sunday, January 15, 2012

Flowers (from several years ago)

Our winter so far has been very mild, with quite a few beautiful sunny days.  Our grass is far greener now than it was in the severe heat of this past summer, and so far the frost hasn't yet killed off many of the plants.  Still, in winter I often need a little cheering up.  And flowers (even photos of flowers) make me happy, more so the older I get.  And.....these photos were wasting away in my computer files, so I thought I would pull them out for a general spread of cheer.  We usually plant a mix of Texas wildflowers, and every year the mix turns out a little different, you never know which flowers will do the best.  These pictures are from our first efforts, probably around 2007.
Texas paintbrush


Bachelor's Button/ Cornflower

Shasta Daisy

Drummond Phlox

Toadflax (I think)

Bluebonnet

African Daisy

African Daisies and a Bluebonnet


As far as flowers go, these are all on the more humble side.  "And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these." -- Matthew 6:29 KJV

4 comments:

  1. Every one is beautiful...love the orange-yellow one with the purple center. I've not seen any like that before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. breathing in the beauty of each of these. Thanks for sharing them. It's freezing where I am....no flowers. It made me happy to come here. Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Texas flowers and makes me excited about Spring...those African Daisies are beautiful.
    Well I am here..better late than never, and dense in not getting you had started a blog.........enjoy, enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos with beautiful flowera!

    Unn :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thanks for leaving a comment :) I've turned off anonymous comments due to spam. If you would like to leave a comment and can't, send me an email.